Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the system requirements of iNETstore Studio?
A. The client side software requires a standard Windows desktop configuration. Any modern computer system will be able to run the client side application.
The Server Edition also runs on a standard Microsoft Windows platform. For optimum Server Edition performance we recommend either Windows NT, Windows 2000 Professional Edition, Windows 2000 Server Edition, or Windows XP Professional Edition, or Windows XP Server Edition, 128 MB Ram and 1GB free hard disk space. You can connect to either the standard Microsoft Access database file that ships with the software or you can optionally connect to your own Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL database.
Q. Can I change the sort order of items and/or categories within my store?
A. Yes. All items and categories are sorted alphabetically be default but you can over-ride this by entering your own sort order value in the database.
Q. Is there a web developers or resellers price?
A. If you can resell in excess of 5 copies per month please contact us for pricing.
Q. As a web developer can I create as many stores as I like with iNETstore Studio?
Q. Can iNETstore Studio handle different currencies i.e. USD, GBP, AUD, CAN, EURO etc?
A. Yes. Each store includes a comprehensive browser based management system that enables a merchant to manage the content on their web site themselves as well as process transactions.
Under this licence you cannot install the software on your clients PC. They can however maintain their store using the BBMS (Browser Based Maintenance System) tool. If the client wants the software installed on their own PC an additional license of iNETstore 2003 is required.
Q. What support do you offer?
A. No problem providing your currency delimits fractions with a decimal point. For example, US $12.75
Q. What documentation is provided?
A. There are a number of support options. Firstly we maintain an online knowledge base which answers most frequently asked questions. We also have an online job logging system, the iNETstore Help Desk, and phone based support services. New customers receive 10 free support tokens. Each token can be used to log a job via the online Help Desk. Additional tokens can be purchased for USD $5 each.
Q. Does iNETstore support my real time payment gateway?
A. iNETstore 2003 includes over 300 A4 pages of detailed documentation covering all aspects of iNETstore. From creating your first store, deploying it to the web, keeping the store up to date, and of course advanced technical manuals on iNETstore tags and commands.
Q. What level of security does iNETstore offer?
A. iNETstore 2003 supports several payment gateways. Details of which can be found under Payment Gateway. There is usually a monthly fee to use these.
Q. How long has iNETstore been around?
A. Payments are accepted via a 128bit SSL encrypted order form. This is the highest level of encryption accepted by a standard web browser.
Q. Can anyone use iNETstore 2003?
A. The first version of the program was first sold in 1996. iNETstore 2003 is the fifth revision of the program.
Q. Does iNETstore 2003 support auction or bidding type transactions?
With absolutely no HTML skills you can build a fully functional web site by choosing from one of the professionally designed templates.
More advanced users can fully custom design a template with knowledge of HTML.
Q. Can iNETstore 2003 support different tax rates for different destinations?
A. Yes. iNETstore supports both a GST/VAT/Retail sales tax style system as well as an over-ride tax which can be specified for each delivery destination. Here is how it works:
- Each product includes an Inc. and Ex. tax price. This is for any retail sales tax (or GST/VAT). If you don't have a retail sales tax then you can enter the same price in both fields.
- You can also setup zones to which different tax rates will apply. For example a delivery to your home state may incur a 10% sales tax but delivery to other states/countries do not incur any tax. We call this tax an over-ride tax. It applies to a specific delivery zone.
- Over-ride taxes can be applied to either the Inc. or Ex. tax product fields. This enables support for tax regimes where the government effectively taxes you on your tax . i.e. you can nominate a system that includes VAT within the product price + an over-ride tax to applied on the VAT inclusive amount.
The end result is a very flexible tax system which accommodates most countries / states requirements.
Q. What methods of calculating freight does iNETstore 2003 support?
Q. Will my website be successful?
A. iNETstore 2003 has 4 powerful freight models:
- Flat Rate. A flat rate is applied for each destination by a given method of delivery.
- Weight Based. Based on the total weight (or weighting) of goods in the shopping cart.
- Total Value. Based on the total price of goods in the shopping cart.
- Total Items. Based on the total quantity of items in the shopping cart.
Each method also supports multiple methods of delivery for each given destination.
A. We can't guarantee that, however in using iNETstore 2003 we can guarantee you an e-commerce website worthy of success.